Some people say everyone is entitled to 15 minutes of fame. Who knew it would come to my iPod first? Let me give you the backstory: In my last few weeks at Kiplinger, we were working on the photoshoot for this article (Tech Stocks are Back). We ended up shooting in a nearby park in DC. We needed an iPod for the shoot, and Apple was being uncharacteristically lame , refusing to send us a sample (side note: expect a new version of the video iPod soon). Under tight deadlines, my sleek and sexy black video iPod was called out to the task. Here it is with the new Microsoft Zune (boo!). Notice that it is leaning on top of that clunky, worthless Microsoft thing. Not an accident.

There it is in the lower right hand corner. The back is a bit scuffed, but still beautiful. Might be difficult to discern from this picture, but the back is engraved with a quote from Andy and my favorite band. Frankly, I'm surpised they didn't photoshop that out.

**Unfortunately, I regret to inform the fans that my iPod is NOT available to sign autographs.
2 comments:
Congratulations to your iPod. Nice use of iCat as paperweight to hold magazine in place.
Well, I'm just coming into the 21st century. Having given Nikki, Whitney, Shirley and your Grandma Carolyn the first iPods to come out, and loading my entire DVD collection last winter, I'm just now getting around to using mine!
Post a Comment