
I can remember watching This Old House with my parents on Saturday and Sunday mornings. We used to imagine owning and restoring our very own old house, and would speculate about the joy that comes from bringing a house from disrepair to its former glory. While I wouldn't say the new (old) house is in disrepair, it certainly needs a healthy dose of TLC and Andy and I will have our hands full keeping up with that among the more traditional/expected home maintenance. Throughout this process, I've always remembered how truly lucky/blessed/grateful Andy and I are to have this opportunity. Maybe I should write this sentiment down and put it on the kitchen fridge, so I don't forget it when things get rough. :o)
1 comment:
Dear Katie and Andy,
We're so glad that we were able to see the new place over the Thanksgiving holiday and enjoy a brief but important chance to discuss your vision for it becoming your home. The experience ahead will challenge and bond you to each other and to the house in ways you can't even imagine. Enjoy the journey and don't forget to give thanks along the way for the "blessings" of homeownership. Soon you'll know the folks at Lowes and Home Depot by name! :o))
Love to you both,
Mom P.
Post a Comment