We spent this past weekend up in Andy's old stomping grounds. A good friend of his from high school got married, reaffirming (as if such reaffirmation were necessary) that we are indeed at the "marrying age." Darn, we're getting old fast.
Though the entire weekend was lovely, and dotted with the occasional adventure (wind+water+clouds-warm clothing = chilly Katie on her first sail), we particularly enjoyed our day on Saturday. Friends of Andy have a boat and we spent the day "wandering" from lake to lake, swimming, skiing, tubing and wakeboarding. Tough life. I know.
A self-proclaimed Mainer to the core, I have to admit a growing fondness for and enjoyment of Northern Michigan. Not sure I'd trade it for a nice spot on the coast of Maine, but it's a pretty special place nonetheless.
2 comments:
Hi there,
Absolutely adorable picture of our happy newlyweds closing in on that one year anniversary. Love the t-shirt Andy!
Mom P.
Note that we try to keep NW Michigan a secret (despite the efforts of the tourist industry)
Post a Comment