My brother Nathan sitting in front of my parents' new fireplace. This picture should've been situated further down the line -- with the other people pictures -- but I got tired of trying to move it.
A very Norman Rockwellesque picture of Christmas morning . My folks just finished an extensive renovation of our living room -- this part of the room is entirely new.
The wreath resting on the fireplace mantle. My mother wanted it to be hanging rather than resting, but my father is reluctant to put holes in the newly painted walls.
Oh, Christmas Tree! This photograph hardly does it justice. The best picture would've been taken at night, with the lights casting a soft glow over the room, and the glass ornaments twinkling. I tried to capture this very image, but couldn't get it right. My mom always has the prettiest trees, sometimes I think she missed her calling as a wealthy Victorian-era housewife.
Pointsetta in the dining room. Enough said.
My great-grandfather opening one of his gifts. He and my great-grandmother celebrated their 71st wedding anniversary in early December. Gramp is 92 years old and he takes care of himself and Grammie better than most more than half his age. Their relationship has always been an inspiration, and is particularly meaningful to me now as I look forward to beginning my marriage to Andy.
Mom. I doubt she'd approve of me posting this image, but I actually think it's a good picture of her.
Dad.
Andy taking a picture of the A.V. Nickels Inn, wearing his new LL Bean jacket. After this picture was taken, we ate dinner in Belfast with my Aunt and Uncle -- lobsters. Little by little, we're turning him into a semi-native Main-ah.
I don't have pictures of the presents Andy and I received (both of us got digital cameras -- I have a new SLR; Andy has a new Cybershot... seen above) so instead, I thought I'd include a picture of the gift Andy's folks got for our cats. Actually, as you can see, I just have Nala's present. Teeni was already playing with hers.
Meow.
No comments:
Post a Comment